Wednesday, 14 February 2018

linked

Prelude:
"So what is this?"

Maybe something which you may not know. That doesn't mean you know nothing. It maybe the beats played by the beat-box fit inside you. The beat-box that keeps you up by recreating the frequencies transmitted when you get know something for the first time.

"I know you are confused....well even I am. So just stay!"

Madhav had his dream job at an MNC where he had been working since 3 years. For him, the days at his office were like those of his childhood; full of fun and surprising adventures. As children, we looked forward to the endless possibilities of LIFE. We never settled for less! It could be plain, simple maggi or a pair of new clothes or a new school bag or a toy train ride at National Park.

Sometimes, knowing 'everything' makes you uncomfortable, maybe because you don’t want that information to change how you feel about certain things.

Madhav’s life had taken a monotonous turn, like a film reel showing the same pictures over and over again. Wake up-Work-Sleep-Repeat. It was time when to break this loop he was stuck in. This was the moment when he got lost in the echoes of memories from past. It was like a pendulum going back and forth. The madness of being unruled takes you to another level. It allows you to be the one who you want to be. Totally different from the one that you are. This culture of vultures around you may not allow you to be the bird that flies free.

In midst of this war, the night that glowed his soul left an indelible mark on fabric of his heart. You sometimes want to live your life twice. Just to relive those sublime frequencies. In a split-screen at this very moment, Keshavi wanted to relive those frequency with Madhav.

Madhav as usual, was on a walk after dinner and Keshavi was with her best friends, over at the rooftop. With the moon, stars and those memories from the past.

A river flows through many regions, right from the place of birth with no hesitation of relentlessly running through places. No time to acclimatize. There are hair pin bends,  there are rapids, there maybe a little stability, but then there are falls- such falls which ultimately gives a chance for droplets to be colorful and add more beauty to the scene. The beauty comes when such a  river meets another one. Both from different altitudes, different regions, different temperatures. Such meetings are subtle in nature. Travelling together makes them companions of the flow.

And the phone rings!
"Ahh!! Why can’t I ever get my me time?" Keshavi reacts.
It was an unknown number. This happens right, we think, ‘should I pick up the call? or cut? or let it missed?’. Keshavi, on the brink of missing the call, picked it up at the last ring.

"Hello!"

A momentary pause from the other side. It was like nectar for his ears.

"Hello....hello!! Its me Madhav"

And a sudden change in her voice, her reaction now completely different.

"Ohh! Hi...long time...ha. How are you?"

"I'm good! How are you?"

"On top of the world!...haha....I meant I'm on my rooftop"

"Am I disturbing you at this moment? Should I call you later?." He knew she liked her moments with herself.

"No...no...no!! Its completely fine. Go ahead."

See the streams are changing.

"Had a plan for a break so...." Madhav was out of words, as if he forgot how to use his tongue.
The moment for which you were preparing for last few days has arrived but it seems you are not prepared. Shit happens.

After few seconds "Are you okay?? You were saying something... speak up!" She responded with a caring tone.

"Yeah I'm fine...I think I dropped few words. No worries I found them. You know... traveling is not something that you can do in your free time. It is something you make time for. A serious pursuit. Will you be my companion in this pursuit of happiness?"

"So what is this?" She asked.

"I know you are confused....well even I am. So just stay!"

Keshavi had a smile on her face. The most satisfying smile.

So just float in the air, glide on the surface and dive in, to get the lost one found.
At the end of the day you will not remember the person with the most beautiful face, but you will remember the most beautiful heart and soul. They say we come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.
In this Samsara, we are the rivers of life originating from different zones, rushing through deep valleys, falling from great heights, just to be glowed in sunshine. Though flowing parallel, meeting other rivers at infinity, finding companion and then the journey to meet the ultimate Ocean of Love begins.

Thanks for the adventure so far. Now go have one of your own.



The adventure is out there.

(Beginning of an end...part-1)



Editor: Supriya Pathak
Written by: Gaurav Suthar

No comments:

Post a Comment